Student Employment and Training Opportunities
Are you a current student interested in one of the opportunities listed below, but have questions or would like to request support in moving forward?
Help is available! Please reach out to your case manager, teacher, social worker, or school counselor for assistance. Best of luck!
Want to share a job opportunity with SSD students? Fill out our Student Employment Opportunities Form.
Medical & Animal
Carpenter Prefabricator – Tuff Shed (Full-Time)
1616 Woodson Road, Overland, Missouri, Req #1545
BUILD YOUR CAREER WITH TUFF SHED
Tuff Shed, the industry leader in storage buildings and garages, is currently looking for construction/laborers/builders at our manufacturing facility. No prior construction experience needed. Will train motivated individuals.
- Learn the art of cutting, framing, painting, building trusses and finish work
- Training provided
- Work indoors every day – no losing days due to weather
- All power tools and nail guns supplied
- Career advancement opportunities
- Monthly bonus potential
Duties include: painting, cutting lumber or plywood, assembling wall sections, trusses, doors, or any other fabricating and assembly duties associated with the construction of the Tuff Shed storage buildings.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- We will train all levels of inexperienced and experienced workers as needed
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds at least 100 feet
What’s in it for You?
An opportunity to join a successful company and be part of the growth of the team. We offer competitive salary and benefits. Paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, medical/dental/vision and life insurance, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), a 'Safe Harbor' 401(k) plan.
Tuff Shed is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation.
To arrange a confidential interview, email General Manager Alan Nixon or call 314-280-4574.
Human Services & Hospitality
The Fountains of West County (Part- and Full-Time Positions Available)
Servers and Line Cooks; Flexible scheduling
Starting at $14 per hour
Call Doug at 636-262-6845 or stop by in person to complete an application.
Visit The Fountains of West County's website for additional information.
Event Team – Catering St. Louis (Part-Time)
JOIN OUR EVENT TEAM!
Catering St. Louis is a hospitality contract management company and events planning company that has been in business since 1981.
Our Mission: Creating a 5-Star resort experience with every person you touch.
Experience a fun, friendly and unique work environment with a part-time job as a Banquet Kitchen Worker.
Kitchen workers are needed for seasonal positions at some of St. Louis' finest and most desirable venues. Locations throughout Forest Park, the Missouri Botanical Garden, The Inns at St. Albans, and many more!
These positions are great for college students or people who currently have employment, since you will set your own availability! College students, stay-at-home moms and dads, nurses, teachers, aspiring chefs, people with the normal 9-5 routine, or people just looking for a fun position in the service industry are encouraged to apply!
Job Description/ Requirements
- Work cooperatively with Event Planner, Event Captain and other team members
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- No kitchen experience needed - we will train
- Knowledgeable about health and safety regulations
- Clean cut and professional
- No neck or face tattoos, body piercing or unnatural hair color
- Reliable transportation (Most events end AFTER bus lines stop running, must have own transportation)
- Customer service oriented personality
- Honest work ethic
- Ability to work in well in a team-oriented, fast paced, event driven environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Capable to stand long hours
- Ability to follow directives
- Flexible Schedule
- Covid-19 vaccination required
- Minimum availability 2 weekend shifts per month (Friday & Saturday or Saturday & Sunday)
HOURS VARY BY SEASON AND YOUR AVAILABILITY
Visit Catering St. Louis's website for more information.
General Cleaners, Hospital Cleaners – Clean-Tech/WWF Services (Full-Time & Part-Time)
Positions open in West County, North County, South County, St. Louis County, and the Clayton area. Open, in-person interviews will be hosted every Tuesday and Thursday, from 1-5 p.m., at 211 S. Jefferson, St. Louis, MO 63103. For more information or to apply online, please visit Clean-Tech's website.
Support Service Positions – BJC Healthcare (Full-Time & Part-Time)
How to Get Connected with BJC HealthCare:
- Interested parties must be able to successfully pass a nicotine and tobacco screen. Please complete the BJC Talent Network form to be connected with a member of BJC’s Talent Acquisition Team. Please upload a resume so they can sufficiently match the applicant with positions that will be a good fit.
- Once the Talent Network form has been submitted, a member of the BJC team will reach out to schedule a phone screen to discuss interests and qualifications.
For more information or to apply online, please visit BJC's website.
Business & Graphics
Mail Sorter, 1st & 3rd Shift - Pitney Bowes (Full-Time)
For more information and to apply online, please visit Pitney Bowes website.
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way. We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
Join our team and earn $11.25 per hour! Pitney Bowes is now hiring for Direct Hire Full Time Warehouse Presort Mail Sorter in our St. Louis, MO Facility. $1.00/hr additional for 3rd shift (Tuesday-Saturday; 12:00am to 7:30am) We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
- Prepare outgoing metered mail by reviewing proper date, postage, and good quality barcodes prior to being placed into production.
- Communicate errors and recognize bad barcodes found in the mail.
- Troubleshoot and remove mail piece jams from machine.
- Perform all additional duties as required.
As a Warehouse Mail Sorter, you have:
- A basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of your native language.
- The ability to work overtime which may include weekends, holidays and or a different shift with little or no advance notice.
- The ability to be dependable and reliable.
- Mailroom, warehouse or equivalent experience preferred.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodations.
- The ability to walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time with or without accommodations.
Transportation & Logistics
For more information, contact Amy Gillam at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 636-678-7056.
FedEx Ground (Full-Time)
Hiring multiple warehouse positions at the new distribution center in St. Peters, MO. For more information or to apply online visit this page of the FedEx website.
Hiring package handlers in Overland, MO; St. Louis, MO; and Sauget, IL. For more information or to apply online, visit the FedEx website.
Mover/Laborer – Two Men and a Truck (Full-Time & Part-Time, Summer)
Accepting great people! We believe in: hire for attitude, train for skill. Two Men and a Truck St. Louis is hiring immediately and looking for movers and drivers to join our team.
Our movers and drivers are the foundation of Two Men and a Truck® – they are our "Move Heroes." So, if you are passionate about helping people and want to start building a career you can be proud of, apply today and become a part of something bigger! Together we are the moving company that Moves People Forward®, both personally and professionally.
Full-time, part-time, summer, seasonal, and temporary positions available. Experience in general labor, construction, warehouse labor, landscaping, moving, or delivery driving helpful. Click here to apply on the Two Men and a Truck website.
Various Positions – Amazon (Full-Time & Part-Time)
Amazon jobs are great jobs, with industry-leading benefits starting on day one. On top of Amazon’s $15 minimum wage, the company offers full-time employees comprehensive benefits including full medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as a 401(k) with 50 percent match, and up to 20 weeks of maternal and paternal paid leave. Innovative programs, like Career Choice, pre-pay 95 percent of tuition for courses related to in-demand fields, regardless of whether the skills are relevant to a career at Amazon.
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek people from all backgrounds to join our teams. Search all hourly fulfillment jobs in your area.
There are two ways to apply, either by texting ALL ABILITIES to 77088 to receive job alerts or by visiting amazon.com/allabilities.
Candidate support can be reached at amazon.com/candidatesupport.
The Accommodations Team can be reached at 888-435-9287, Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
BCI Skills Center
Building Union Diversity (BUD) Program
CoderGirl IT Training Program
CyberUp Cybersecurity Apprenticeship Program
Easter Seals Midwest Project Search
LaunchCode IT Programmer Training and Apprenticeship Program
Medical Assistant Apprenticeship at Washington University
MERS Goodwill Skills Training
Paraquad Culinary Training Program
St. Louis Community College Accelerated Job Training Programs
St. Luke's Internship Program