Peachjar - Electronic Flyer Distribution
Special School District of St. Louis County cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery. Please note: flyers from outside organizations are not sponsored by, affiliated with, nor endorsed by Special School District or its schools.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to SSD's Communications department, who will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
The Communications Department will evaluate the educational value of the materials or advertisements, the age or maturity of students in the intended audience, and whether the materials or advertisements support the mission and vision of the Special School District of St. Louis County.
Flyers from outside community organizations that may be approved include:
- Information from non-school sponsored youth sports and recreation activities offered in our community.
- Information from municipal, government agencies in our community that are not political in nature.
- Community organizations providing educational or enrichment services that may directly benefit students.
Flyers may be denied if the content includes:
- Information endorsing or promoting a specific religion, religious organization, political candidate, or position on a political issue.
- Promotion of any content that is inconsistent with the mission and vision of Special School District of St. Louis County or it’s partner districts.
- Promotion of content that is in direct conflict with a service, program or function that is already provided by Special School District of St. Louis County.
- Any direct solicitation of money, except for dues for membership or fees for an activity announced in the material.
- Mention of activities or events not suitable for children, including any mention of alcohol ("adult beverages" and "non-alcoholic" are acceptable).
Note: Outside organizations must add the following disclaimer to all pages of their flyer in large, legible font:
"This program and its parent organization are not sponsored by, affiliated with, nor endorsed by the Special School District of St. Louis County, its individual schools, or its partner districts."
Paper copies of approved materials will not be distributed in any Special School District schools; all literature will be posted on Peachjar. However, District sports, activities, and organizations/clubs will be able to directly distribute flyers to students at the assigned feeder schools upon approval from the District level and school permission.
Flyer Approval Process
To request flyer approval from SSD, please follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed. Before you move on, please read our flyer distribution guidelines (above). Then follow the directions below.
- Register for an account on Peachjar.
- Under "Account Type," select the appropriate category (Parent, Program Provider, etc.).
- Follow the prompts to upload your flyer.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the District office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on posted standards. Peachjar charges a fee to community organizations that are not school or District-sponsored activities for this service – which is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.