Free and Reduced Price Meals
Children need healthy meals to learn! Special School District offers students healthy meals every school day in SSD buildings. Please review the information below, which includes an application for free or reduced-priced meal benefits, detailed instructions, and eligibility guidelines.
Applications must be resubmitted annually. A single application will cover all students in your household. Incomplete applications cannot be approved, so be sure to fill out all required information.
Students at Ackerman, Litzsinger, Neuwoehner, and Northview, are part of the Community Provision for Free and Reduced Breakfast and Lunch Program for the 2023-24 school year. Breakfast and lunch will be available for these students at no charge.
Is my family eligible for free or reduced price meals?
The following are eligible to receive free or reduced price meals:
- Children in households receiving benefits from the Food Stamp Program/Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), or Temporary Assistance/Temporary Assistance for needy Families (TANF)
- Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court
- Children participating in their school's Head Start program
- Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant
- Children living in a household whose income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines