You're Invited to SSD's Curriculum Review Night!
Special School District invites all interested parties to Curriculum Review Nights, to virtually review and discuss curricula within our SSD schools, before being submitted to the Board of Education for approval. Both events are optional and all are welcome to attend as many course reviews as they wish. These events are intended for families with students that attend SSD schools (Ackerman, Bridges Program, Courts Program, Litzsinger, Neuwoehner, North Tech, Northview, South Tech, and Southview).
On Tuesday, April 18, curricula in our SSD special education schools* (Ackerman, Bridges Program, Courts Program, Litzsinger, Neuwoehner, Northview, and Southview) will be reviewed. On Thursday, April 20, a total of 10 different career and technical education (CTE) programs will be reviewed.
If you would prefer a hard copy of a course description, please reach out to your school's administration and one will be provided to you. If you are unable to attend or would prefer to view the curriculum on your own and provide feedback, courses can be accessed online. To review this year’s courses, navigate to the appropriate heading and select the course with "Being Revised” in the title.
Special Education Curriculum Review Night (SSD Schools)
Tuesday, April 18, 2023*
Join the Special Education Curriculum Review Zoom Meeting
- 5-5:30 PM: English Language Arts (K-12)
- 5:30-6 PM: School Counseling (K-12)
- 6-6:30 PM: Practical Arts (9-12)
- Includes Career Education, Child Development, Self-Advocacy, Self-Determination, Human Relations, and FACS
- 6:30-7 PM: Health Extension (K-8)
After reviewing the special education curriculum, please complete this quick feedback form.
*This meeting will review the curriculum used in SSD's special education schools (Ackerman, Bridges Program, Courts Program, Litzsinger, Neuwoehner, Northview, and Southview), not our partner districts.
CTE Curriculum Review Night (North and South Tech)
Thursday, April 20, 2023
Join the Career and Technical Education Zoom Meeting
- 5-5:15 PM: Health Science (NT/ST)
- 5:15-5:30 PM: Pre-Professional Health Science (Parkway)
- 5:30-5:45 PM: Health Science (Pattonville)
- 5:45-6 PM: Precision Machining (NT/ST)
- 6-6:15 PM: Math for Machining (ST)
- 6:15-6:30 PM: Construction Innovations (COI) (NT/ST)
- 6:30-6:45 PM: Welding Year 1 (NT)
- 6:45-7 PM: Welding Year 2 (ST)
- 7-7:15 PM: Technical Writing (NT)
- 7:15-7:30 PM: Zoology Year 1 (NT/ST)
After reviewing the CTE curriculum, please complete this quick feedback form.