Parent Advisory Council
The SSD Parent Advisory Council (PAC) is comprised of families advising and collaborating to improve the education, confidence and social outcomes of each student served by SSD.
The PAC consists of five parents or guardians – one member and four alternates – from each of the 22 St. Louis County school districts and from each of the five SSD special education schools. The parents or guardians of students receiving special education services in that district or school elect SSD PAC members.
The SSD Parent Advisory Council has scheduled the following meetings for the 2020-2021 school year. Additional information about meetings, including agendas, can be found on the PAC's website.
- Aug. 12, 2020 – 7 p.m.
- Sept. 9, 2020 – 7 p.m.
- Oct. 14, 2020 – 7 p.m.
- Nov. 11, 2020 – 7 p.m.
- Dec. 9, 2020 – 7 p.m.
- Jan. 13, 2021 – 7 p.m.
- Feb. 10, 2021 – 7 p.m.
- March 10, 2021 – 7 p.m.
- April 14, 2021 – 7 p.m.
- May 12, 2021 – 7 p.m.
- June 9, 2021 – 7 p.m.
Please contact the Superintendent's Office at 314.989.8419 or 314.989.8281 by noon on the Friday before the meeting and an American Sign Language interpreter will be provided.
For more information about the SSD PAC or who represents your district, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Involved with the SSD PAC
- Network and communicate with other parents of children who receive special education services
- Become as informed as possible about special education services
- Improve communication between your local school district and SSD
- Create a positive understanding and awareness of students with disabilities
- Establish a network of advocacy for local, state and national disability issues