Medical Services Program (Seniors Only)
This medical exploration program will teach foundation skills in the healthcare industry as well as provide students with a variety of field experiences including hospital and long term care settings. Work habits, teamwork, and other employability skills will be emphasized.
Prerequisites at the time of Senior Year Enrollment:
Minimum of 11 core credits (2.5 must be English), on track to graduate.
*Students must demonstrate their ability to maintain positive behavior without any physical or verbal altercations noted in their school record or any other school documentation.
Credits & Certifications Offered
High School Credit
- 3 CTE Year One
*College credit and certification are not guaranteed. Their attainment is dependent on student performance in both the course and on external industry assessments. All certifications are through external agencies and the accommodations permitted will vary from assessment to assessment. Additionally, students must participate in the full two years of the program to be potentially eligible for all certifications listed.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) –10 hour General Industry – Healthcare Certification
- CPR and First Aid certifications
How Will My Time Be Spent?
Program Year Classroom Time Lab Time CTE Year One 76% or less 25% or more
Tech is Real World Learning
Students in this program learn through the use of a variety of industry grade tools and equipment and texts. Their real world labs also require uniforms and personal protective equipment.
Tools & Equipment
- Vital signs measuring equipment - electronic thermometers, manual and automated blood pressure cuffs, stethoscope, pulse-oximeter
- Gait belt
- Sarah lift
- Hoyer lift
- Shower chairs
- Personal care items for bathing and showering patients
- Hospital beds
- State of Missouri CNA Manual - a postsecondary text
- Medical Terminology - a postsecondary text
- Teal scrubs
- Lab jacket
- White, leather tennis shoes with slip-resistant soles
- No artificial nails or unnatural hair colorings