Distance Learning Resources for Educators
Academic and Related Services Toolkit
This resource has activities that teachers and related services can use. The activities can be sorted by grade level, support level and subject area.
Best Practices in Virtual Learning
This document provides information about best practices that will support you in providing virtual learning. This includes sections for teachers and other related service areas. The videos listed below cover a variety of specific topics.
- Best Practices for Virtual Learning: An Overview (Video)
- Relationships Matter (Video)
- Develop a Plan for Offline Learning (Video)
- Real-Time Meetings (Video)
- Responsive Feedback (Video)
- UPDATED: Universal Virtual and Blended Classroom Supports
This site provides descriptions, videos and resources, and SSD teacher examples for effective implementation of the Tier 1 Classroom Universals in Distance Learning (synchronous and asynchronous virtual environments), and blended learning (a mix of virtual and in-person learning environments).
- The Critical 6
- Universal instructional practices with a focus on student engagement strategies
- Systems supports in both communication and data, learning outcomes, and feedback
Suggested Tools for Virtual Engagement
Learning Management System (LMS)
Collaboration & Discussion
Flipped Lecture or Lesson
Journaling or Portfolio