October UpdatePosted by Lorie Arnsman Schwartz on 10/16/2020
The SSD Board of Education has voted that students will have the option to return to in-person learning on November 9. In order to continue our preparations, families must use the Family Choice Survey to select their choice for instruction. The suvey presents three options:
- Phased In-Person Instruction – This option is for families choosing to have their student return to the building for instruction. The District will start with Phase 1, which is called a "hybrid." This means students will attend in person for two days each week from 7:35 a.m.–2:15 p.m. Phase 2, which is five days each week of in-person instruction, is currently scheduled to begin on January 19.
- Distance Learning Instruction – This option is for families who will continue all learning through online platforms like Zoom and Google Classroom.
- Distance Learning with In-Person Related Services – This option is for families who will continue learning through online platforms but would like to have related services, such as speech and language therapies or occupational and physical therapies, provided to their student in person at the school building. Families will provide their own transportation to and from school for this option, which will be scheduled by the school between 7:35 a.m. and 2:15 p.m.
As you make the decision that is best for your student and family, please note:
- Students have not yet been assigned to A-days or B-days for Phase 1 Hybrid. Updated information for family choice is needed to finalize these decisions.
- Related services provided in person will be scheduled by the school.
- Schedules for all students (those attending school in person as well as those attending online) will be impacted by our phased re-entry. New schedules for all students will be shared in the coming weeks.
Please respond to the Family Choice Survey by October 19 so the ongoing work of scheduling and preparing for students both in person and online can continue.
Thank you for your ongoing patience as we continue to work through the 2020-2021 school year together,
Lorie Arnsman Schwartz
Principal, Neuwoehner High School