Ackerman School Improvement Goals 2015-16
Goal Area: Student Success
- Student literacy and math scores will increase by one grade level for STAR or 20% over baseline for (checklists) from August 2015 to May 2016 as measured by district assessments.
- 100% of students will have access to a multi-tiered intervention process for behavioral/social success by May 30, 2016.
- Focus Area – Discipline: Out of school suspensions will decrease from 26 to 20 days by May 30, 2016, as measured by the total number of out of school suspension days.
- Overall school cleanliness will increase as measured by the monthly custodial checklist from the baseline score taken in August 2015 to the final checklist in May 2016.
- 100% of classroom teachers will use the principles of Teacher-Student Partnerships to create at least one new classroom-based activity for students and families by May 30, 2016.
- The number of students with 90%+ daily attendance will increase by 3% over last year by May 30, 2016.
Goal Area: Workforce Focus
- Ackerman School will provide one new wellness activity per semester during the 2015-2016 school year.
- Ackerman School will increase the number of opportunities to recognize staff for their achievements by improving the use of the evaluation system and by adding one additional recognition activity during the 2015-2016 school year.
- Ackerman School will increase their positive scores on staff climate surveys by 20% over baseline in two areas: 1). There are leadership opportunities for me within my school; 2.) SSD clearly explains how key decisions are made.
Goal Area: Collaboration
- School Leadership Team will use the Systems Check Level III – Team to identify areas for improvement. Using this tool, the School Leadership Team will select one category for improvement and increase each indicator within the category by one level by May 30, 2016.
- 100% of special education teachers and SLPs will participate on a data team addressing student academic skills by May 30, 2016.
- 100% of classroom and elective teachers will implement Classroom Learning Systems with fidelity as measured by scheduled walk-throughs by May 30, 2016.
- 100% of IEP case managers will write standards-based IEPs by May 30, 2016.
- Establish a baseline by May 30, 2016, through various data sources to determine staff and family readiness for the addition of home visits as a way of increasing family engagement.
- Ackerman School will host a resource fair in the Spring of 2016 that will provide access to community resources and agencies to 100% of our families.