Parent Advisory Council
The SSD Parent Advisory Council (PAC) is comprised of families advising and collaborating to improve the education, confidence and social outcomes of each student served by SSD.
The PAC consists of five parents or guardians – one member and four alternates – from each of the 22 St. Louis County school districts and from each of the five SSD special education schools. The parents or guardians of students receiving special education services in that district or school elect SSD PAC members.
The SSD Parent Advisory Council has scheduled the following meetings for the 2021-2022 school year. All meetings are held virtually via Zoom, from 7-9 PM. Additional information about meetings, including agendas, can be found on the PAC's website.
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Feb. 9, 2022
- March 9, 2022
- April 13, 2022
- May 11, 2022 (this meeting will be held virtually and in-person)
Executive Committee meetings plan the work to be done in the coming month. Executive Committee meetings are scheduled as needed. Executive Committee meetings will be held on:
- Jan. 27, 2022
- Feb. 24, 2022
- April 28, 2022
- May 26, 2022
Please contact the Superintendent's Office at 314.989.8419 or 314.989.8281 by noon on the Wednesday before the meeting and an American Sign Language interpreter will be provided.
For more information about the SSD PAC or who represents your district, e-mail email@example.com.
Get Involved with the SSD PAC
- Network and communicate with other parents of children who receive special education services
- Become as informed as possible about special education services
- Improve communication between your local school district and SSD
- Create a positive understanding and awareness of students with disabilities
- Establish a network of advocacy for local, state and national disability issues