Technical High School Reopening Plans
Nov. 11, 2020 – At its Nov. 10 meeting, the Special School District Board of Education discussed the reopening of the SSD technical high schools. The Board decided to continue with the original plan to begin the reopening beginning with Phase 1 the week of Jan. 19 and the additional phases according to the timelines outlined below. The Board approved moving to Phase 3 on Feb. 1, and as a result, some students will no longer have a virtual option at Tech for the second semester. We will work with all affected students to find the best learning option for them.
Families will receive communication later this week from their school principal with more details and a form to choose whether their child will attend school in person or continue to participate in virtual learning.
North Technical High School and South Technical High School
- Jan. 19, 2021, and Jan. 20, 2021 – Phase 1: Orientation
Students attend in person 1 day (Group A on Tuesday and Group B on Wednesday)
- Beginning Jan. 25, 2021 – Phase 2: In-Person Learning 2 Days Per Week or Virtual Learning
Family choice of 2 days per week in-person learning or 100% virtual learning
- Group A will attend on Tuesday and Thursday
- Group B will attend on Wednesday and Friday
- All students and staff will participate in virtual learning on Monday
- Beginning Feb. 1, 2021 – Phase 3: 100% In-Person or Virtual Option
Family choice of 5 days per week in-person learning or virtual option for exploration programs and programs where certification does not require in-person instruction
As more information becomes available, it will be shared with our students, families, and staff. The most up-to-date information regarding school reopening plans can be found in the Return-to-School Guidance section of SSD's website.