March 15, 2022 - Special School District invites all interested parties to a Curriculum Review Night focused on our SSD special education schools on Tuesday, April 5. Special education mathematics, social emotional learning, and character development curriculum will be discussed and feedback reviewed before being submitted to the Board of Education for approval. This is an optional event– all are welcome to attend as many course reviews as they wish.
If you would prefer a hard copy of a course description, please reach out to your school's administration and one will be provided to you. If you are unable to attend or would prefer to view the curriculum on your own and provide feedback, courses can be accessed online. To review this year’s courses, navigate to the appropriate heading and select the course with "Being Revised” in the title.
This event will be hosted via Zoom. The same Zoom link will be used for all courses. Join the Zoom Meeting
- 5-5:20 PM: Mathematics, Kindergarten-8th grade
- 5:20-5:40 PM: Mathematics, Extension Kindergarten-12th grade (for MAP-A Students)
- 5:40-6 PM: Mathematics, High School (Foundations of Algebra, Algebra Essentials, Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II)
- 6-6:20 PM: Social Emotional Learning, Kindergarten-12th grade
- 6:20-6:40 PM: Social Emotional Learning, Extension Kindergarten-12th grade (for MAP-A Students)
- 6:40-7 PM: Character Development, Kindergarten-12th grade
After reviewing the curriculum, please complete this quick feedback survey. The survey will close April 15.
*This meeting will review the curriculum used in SSD's special education schools (Ackerman, Bridges Program, Courts Program, Litzsinger, Neuwoehner, Northview, and Southview), not our partner districts.