Resources Available on SSD Website
Posted by Dr. Elizabeth Keenan on 3/3/2021
SSD’s website offers a wealth of information and resources for families, students, educators, and community members that support student success.
The main SSD website and the District’s school websites were recently redesigned to better meet the needs of those we serve. We used feedback from website visitors to guide the redesign of the sites, and we heard that they wanted it to be easier to access the information they need most frequently.
The new site layouts feature links on the homepage to calendars and upcoming events, as well as the latest District and school news. Other key features include searchable online directories and department pages with key contact information. The school websites provide quick access to essential information like breakfast and lunch menus and school forms.
The navigation bar at the top of each page of the main SSD website provides quick access to the District’s most frequently visited sections.
- About Us provides an overview of SSD and its mission, history, and leadership structure.
- Special Education features links to SSD’s special education school websites, information about the special education process, and information for families of students who receive services from SSD in our partner districts.
- Career & Technical Education shares information about SSD’s technical high schools and adult education programs.
- Students & Families provides links to resources, tools, and supports including SSD’s Parent Education & Diversity Awareness Program, information about upcoming family workshops, and disability-specific resources.
- Community features information about the resources SSD provides to the general community and how the District partners with organizations throughout the community to support student success.
- Working at SSD is the place to find out more about working at SSD and access available job listings. Current SSD employees will also find direct links to SSD Life, the SSD Portal, and their SSD email.
- Contact Us is the hub for finding contact information for SSD staff, schools, programs, and departments.
You can use the “Find it Fast” button in the top right corner of every page to quickly search for what you need.
There is also a set of icons that appear on every page and provide quick links to frequently accessed sections and pages.
Watch this video for a quick tour of the key features of SSD’s websites.