Posted by Christine Finger on 10/14/2020
Hello Northview families,
I hope everyone has had a safe and healthy start to the Fall season.
At the October 13 SSD Board of Education meeting, the Board voted to begin a phased reopening of SSD’s schools and programs. Phase 1 and Phase 2 will include a family choice option, allowing families to elect to continue distance learning or have students return to in-person learning for part of the week.
Click here for details about the reopening phases, timelines, and family choice options or review the information listed below.
The Family Choice Survey presents three options:
- Phased In-Person Instruction – This option is for families choosing to have their student return to the building for instruction. The District will start with Phase 1, which is called a "hybrid." This means students will attend in person for two days each week. Phase 2, which is five days each week of in-person instruction, is currently scheduled to begin on January 19, 2021.
- Distance Learning Instruction – This option is for families who will continue all learning through online platforms like Zoom and Google Classroom.
- Distance Learning with In-Person Related Services – This option is for families who will continue learning through online platforms but would like to have related services, such as speech and language therapies or occupational and physical therapies, provided to their student in person at the school building. The schedule for related services will be at the discretion of the school. Transportation to and from school for this option must be provided by the family.
Click here to complete the Family Choice for Instruction form to indicate your preference for your child’s instruction for the remainder of the 2020-2021 academic year. Your response is requested by Monday, October 19.
If you have multiple children receiving services with Special School District, please be sure to complete a survey form online for each child.
As you make the decision that is best for your student and family, please note:
- Students choosing the hybrid option will be assigned by the school to A-days or B-days for Phase 1 Hybrid. Updated information for family choice is needed to finalize these decisions.
- Related services provided in person will be scheduled by the school.
- Schedules for all students (those attending school in person as well as those attending online) will be impacted by our phased re-entry. New schedules for all students will be shared in the coming weeks.
Please review Northview’s re-entry plan along with information on the District’s website related to COVID-19 and student instruction / attendance.
We are very much looking forward to greeting our students in the school building and we promise to do our best to keep all students safe while moving our students toward academic success and becoming outstanding members of our community! Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Brian G. O’Connor, Principal